- Tips and Additions
- Use light colored fabrics for a fun hot weather look. One of my favorite styles is yellow side panels with a cherry patterned front panel.
- Make a bow to go on the side of the front. Use the same ribbon or material you used to lace up the back.
- Make a wristband out of the ribbon that will match your corset top. make your wristband out of a tube sock.
- Use two kinds of ribbon to lace up the back. Black lace and pink ribbon look great together. Experiment with colors and textures.
- This is a great look year round. Throw on a wrap in the fall and winter. You can make one yourself out of a shirt.
- Try adding an appliqué patch anywhere on the corset top. Good places are on the bottom of the left or right sides. Get a safety pin and try a few places in the mirror before you sew. Check our our library of appliqué patches.
Easy Clothes to Make:
How-To Pants . How-To Skirts . How-To Dresses . Recycle Your Clothes . 10 Clothing Repairs You Should Know . Beginner Sewing Projects . T-Shirt Surgery . Stencils Library . Top 10 Hippie Clothes . Punk Clothes to Make