The Bottom Line
They will look natural from a short distance, which makes these great for costuming or evening parties in low light.
- Completly changes the color of your eyes.
- Limbal ring enhances color drama.
- Comfortable enough for all-day wear.
- Digital print pattern looks natural in low light.
- Small pupil hole makes these obviously artificial in bright light and flash photos.
- Diameter: 14.0
- Color Tested: Platinum
- Limbal ring: Yes
- Available in Rx: Yes.
- Eye enlarging: No. These are technically circle contacts, but they have a standard diameter.
- Purchased from: Vision Direct
Guide Review - Contact Lens Review: Bausch & Lomb Soflens Natural Colors
Comfort: On my eyes, I could definitely feel the lens, but it wasn't uncomfortable, just a filmy feeling that lets you know it is there. There was minimal slipping, at times showing just a sliver of my natural eye color at one edge after blinking.
- Color: The Platinum color did very well to cover my natural hazel eyes (my natural color). It is a light, vibrant gray that can give the wearer a steely stare. This contact has a limbal ring, which means it has a dark circle around the outside of the lens to emphasize the color within.
- Design: The eye hole on this contact was quite small. This means that when your pupil is even slightly dilated, you will be able to see a haze of color in your field of vision. The small pupil size also attributes to an unnatural look.
The color is applied in a variegated digital print, so the blended color will look natural until the onlooker gets up-close.
- Realism: I'm setting the realistic threshold at three feet. Any closer and the small pupil hole and digital print will give these away.
[View from 1 foot away in daylight] Left side: Natural Colors Platinum, Right side: my natural color.
[View from 2 feet away in daylight] Left side: Natural Colors Platinum, Right side: my natural color.
Lighting should be at least twilight, but natural daytime light and indoor lighting (View indoor lighting photo Left side: Natural Colors Platinum, Right side: my natural color.) will work if you aren't going to get close to anyone.
- Costume suggestions: These have a natural look, so they would be great if you are simply playing a character with light gray eyes. They would even work for a hungry Twilight vampire.