Believe it or not, I could only find online how-to's that tell you what to buy to 'put together' a good Santa costume. There were no direct instructions on making the jacket, hat and pants. I'll have to post my own complete step-by-step tutorial soon. Until then, here are a few how-to's on throwing together that perfect Santa get-up.
- Make a Father Christmas Costume - Father Christmas, Santa, same dif. This tutorial gives you a few ideas on where to get your materials and suggests using no-sew tape instead of stitching.
- Make a Santa Hoodie - Not exactly a Santa uniform, but a festive get-up for those informal holiday parties.
- Here are some hints from Aysha Schurman on making your own Santa costume from stuff around the house: Making Your Own Santa Cosutme
- This video from Expert Village talks about selecting the right Santa suit: How to Pick a Santa Suit
- This Cut Out & Keep article tells us how to make a Santa Hat
- Want to crochet a Santa Hat? Try these instructions from Girl in Air
- Make a Santa Coat out of an old hoodie with Everything Christmas
- If I know dogs, they'll want to get into the act, too. Learn how to crochet a Santa coat for small dogs with this video from Mickeyssmail.
- Do you have a Santa costume tutorial? Post below and we'll add it to the list.
Follow Rain on Twitter