Changing up a t-shirt can make it fit better, add color, or just express your personal style. A properly transformed t-shirt can look a hundred times better than the original, and you get to use your favorite logo's and characters in the design.
More T-Shirt Surgery Share Your Transformation
- I cut little holes along both sides of the shirt, under the armpits, and took a thin strip of cloth and laced up the back!
- —Guest fmeh
Just an idea
- if a shirt is too loose, cut a strip out of the back and then lace it back up.
Baby doll x Tshirt Surgery
- Thanks for saving one of my favourite tops. I turned my too tight long sleeve into a Tank Top with the Baby Doll collar. I used a small pair of very sharp clothing scissors (no grommets punch) and it was a complete 'No Sew' redo. Your site and ideas are fab and I will be wearing my top next time I go to swim!
- —Guest Meow
What about the other way?
- How can I make a sentimental favourite T LARGER? Could I perhaps combine it somehow with a larger sized shirt? Please help - I have put on weight and can no longer wear my souvenir tees.
it is hott
- Okay so I took an old black plain tee and cut the top off right under the armpit area. You now have a tube top for summer!! Also, if the shirt is big on you then you can cut it down the side and then just so it back up tighter. Really easy.
- —Guest -readyforsummer
- get a plain black or white t-shirt an add a bow if the tee is black do a white bow if the tee is white add a black bow. get satin an just tie a bow an sew it right on its a nice way to dress up your tee's
- —Guest Ali
- you should sooo try this one, cut the t-shirt apart down the middle of the top, and then tie it together!!
- —Guest someone
- Your fave logo on a old tatty tee? Cut around it and sew onto a new one for a real punk rock look.
- —Guest MegzillaGore
Sexy girl with muscles
- Turn it into a tank To. They r the hottest piece of clothing a boy and girl can wear
- —Guest Katina
I LOVE this one!
- And I have an idea...
If the T-shirt is a bit larger and the arm holes hang too long under your arm pit, you could easily snip the t-shirt open on the shoulders and thread a large hole wooden or plastic bead or even some washers or nuts and then sew it up!
Also, a little bit of frou-frou trim around the bottom would add an additional personalized touch to your creation.
For a shirt that may be too snug around the hips, you could cut the sides at the hemline about 4 to 6 inches, depending on length, then sew those raw edges to prevent curling.
I think I'll get started on mine for the holiday weekend right now. Thanks, Rain!!! =)