From the article: Annual Gothic Weekend
Gothic fashion trends are often outrageous and shocking. Would it take a trip to The Rocky Horror Picture Show for you to dress goth, or is it an everyday thing? Would You Dress Gothic?
- Being a goth is not just about the clothes, but its the clothing that caught my eye. I've always loved the music but the clothing is my way of showing people who I am even though some don't understand it makes ME happy and that all it has to do. Gothy boots forever!!!
- —Guest Scarlet
(First and Last and) Always =)
- It's dress-up for grown-ups! Goth fashion is not boring or bleak as it's often portrayed - look up the Wave Gotik Treffen festivals on YouTube or Google and you'll see thousands of different looks. I love expressing myself through no-holds-barred fashion.
- —Guest Amy
- I adore the gothic style and have been heavily influence by the culture. I am naturally dark at heart. I love the stunning and morbid elegance, and I would wear it everyday if it weren't for my parents.
- —Guest Autumn Andi
- I have been goth like violet for about 3 yrs or so. I love it so much! My cousin and i are the goths of our family. The styles that goth derives from are almost endless. people need to lighten up about goths. of course, it is fun to prove wrong the people that underestimate us goths! lol.
- —Guest isaac
- What not? Because you look in your closet and thought you might go staker instead. Well, just added some colour, don't over do it
- —Guest missy 93
dress goth? sure.
- i have been dressing more or less goth since about 1965. then: black clothing, dark eye makeup, very light make up/lipstick. now: still black clothing, REALLY dark eye makeup etc. (i really like black polish with glitter.) young goth is attractive and fun. not-quite-so young goth is comfortable and still fun. nothing wrong with self expression; it's not a cookie cutter world. while i do occasionally notice a few more 'looks' in a rural community, people tend to live and let live here too.
- —Guest starr
- Yes. I would dress gothic. I think its a great way to be yourself, if thats what you are like. I also think that If you dress gothic, people underestimate you and it's a great way to prove them wrong. But thats all just me.
- —Guest katie :)
- I don't see the big deal it's fun to dress in all sorts of random fashions. Plus a lot of Gothic outfits are really cute. I'd do it. Even if it's not really my style I enjoy the black with random hints of color and it gives you a chance to be someone completely different for a day.
- —Guest Steph McDonald
- I have been dressing Gothic for 3 years now, and have never gone back since. It is a wonderful, unique style that Guest Sarah has said: "to create a fantasy around yourself". This can come from influences of the Victorian fashion, Medieval style, and the newly emerged Steampunk movement. There are many more different styles that Gothic derives from, and that is worth checking out! :)
- —Guest Violet
No big deal if...
- It's not a huge deal unless I'm not only whering dark colors; that's not me.
- —Guest Gloria
- Why not? lol Dressing goth isn't as bad as everyone tends to make it sound. It may be different from the way I normally am dressed, but hey! It sounds interesting to be goth for even a day or so!!
- —Guest tsuki-chan
All the time.
- My answer to this is why not dress 'gothic'? It is a way to create a fantasy around yourself just by searching around in your closet. I think that a lot of people have too many hang-ups about the goth style. It isn't about being sad, depressed or uninteresting. It's completely the opposite.
- —Guest Sarah