Name:Little Red Riding Hood
What I Made
I made two Little Red Riding Hood capes (step-by-step tutorial). One with 2m of red cotton that I dyed myself and another with 2m of hand dyed red silk (but I made with one have a lining). I wore the cotton cape for the first time during a Student Protest on March 22nd 2012. Until I was able to print some personal text on the silk fabric and sew the cape together, I wore the cotton cape (it took about 2 weeks). I have been wearing the silk cape for 2months now as a Performance Art project. I made a blog about my process where I wrote daily journals about my process making the cape (where I featured your website) and my daily routines.
How I Made it
I am dyslexic and I was still able to follow your guidelines! I made the 1st one extra large on the hood where the cape goes down to bellow my knees. The second I made slightly larger than the guidelines. I added a string in the hood to tighten. As it was still too big for my head I sowed the front back so that I could tie it tightly and still see, like a babushka.
Tips and Tricks
- put a string in the hood to you can tighten it. To do so, when you sow the folds leave space for a string to go through. The tough part is that you have to connect the two ends and pass the string through but its worth it.
- also the hood usually droops down to your eyes unless you have a very large forehead.