DIY Tutorials to Dye, Fix, & Alter Clothing
By Rain Blanken
Fix Damaged Clothing
With the power of DIY knowledge, you may never have to throw away damaged clothing again. You have it in you to save money and look great.
Tailor Clothing to Fit
If you know how to adjust your clothing to fit you, then your possibilities for fashion success are endless. Fitting a piece of clothing often means adjusting a seam or hem. Once you learn to re-sew these basic elements of your outfit, tailoring will be a snap.
Sometimes all your clothing needs is a bit of color. You can cover stains, rejuvenate faded looks, or just dye to meet the latest trend. It's easier than you may think.
- How to Tie Dye
- How to Dye Cellulose Fibers (Cotton, Rayon, etc.)
- How to Dye Protein Fibers (Silk, Wool, etc.)
- How to Dye Synthetic Fibers (Polyester, etc.)
- How to Dye with Coffee
- Can I Dye Clothes with Kool Aid?
- How to Bleach Clothing White
- How to Dip-Dye for Marbled Effect
- How to Dye in Cold Water
- Can I Dye Clothes with Food Coloring?
Recycle Old Stuff into New Style
Free projects to renew your wardrobe with recycled DIY fashion.
- T-Shirt Surgery
- Ways to Use Old Jeans
- Uses for Old Sweaters
- Junk Drawer Jewelry
- Turn a Pillowcase into a Skirt
- Make a Purse from Jeans