Fiber reactive dye works best with cellulose (plant) fibers such as cotton, linen and rayon [List of Cellulose Fibers]. It also works well on silk. Tie dye kits contain fiber reactive dye, and so does cold water dip dye available in packets at most grocers.
Since this is a cold water dye, it is some of the easiest dye to work with. This is one reason that tie dye is a great project to do with kids or a casual gathering of friends.
Inexpensive Fiber Reactive Dyes Online:
- Jacquard Fiber Reactive Dye
- Easy Tie Dye Kits
- Professional Procion MX Dyes
More Questions About Dyeing Clothing
Protein (Wool, Cashmere, Silk)
- What are Protein Fibers?
- How to Dye Protein Fibers
- Learn about Acid Dyes
Cellulose (Cotton, Linen, Hemp)
- What are Cellulose Fibers?
- How to Dye Cellulose Fibers
- Learn about Fiber Reactive Dye