Question: What are Cellulose Fibers?
"I want to do a tie dyed t-shirt, but I heard that this dye works best with cellulose fibers. What are these? Can I get a list?"
Answer: Cellulose is the primary structural component of plants, so we call plant material fibers 'cellulose fibers'.
Here are some examples of cellulose fibers:
- Rayon (this is altered by people, but plant based)
More on Fiber Reactive Dye More Questions About Dyeing Clothing
- Protein (Wool, Cashmere, Silk)
- What are Protein Fibers?
- How to Dye Protein Fibers
- Learn about Acid Dyes
- Cellulose (Cotton, Linen, Hemp)
- What are Cellulose Fibers?
- How to Dye Cellulose Fibers
- Learn about Fiber Reactive Dye