If you have a plant-based (cellulose) fiber like cotton, linen or rayon; then your best bet is to use a fiber reactive dye, like those found in tie dye kits. These are cheap and easy to apply using cold water, so trying to use food coloring instead just doesn't make much sense. More Questions About Dyeing Clothing
- Protein (Wool, Cashmere, Silk)
- What are Protein Fibers?
- How to Dye Protein Fibers
- Learn about Acid Dyes
- Cellulose (Cotton, Linen, Hemp)
- What are Cellulose Fibers?
- How to Dye Cellulose Fibers
- Learn about Fiber Reactive Dye