What You’ll Need:
- Fabric- How much fabric you need depends on your measurements. Measure around your waist and multiply that by four. Write this number down and take it with you to the fabric store. Ask the clerk to cut that many inches of fabric from the kind you choose.
Alternately, you can cut this measurement from a sheet. I have seen Care Bears and Smurf skirts made from sheets. Trim the sheet to this size across the length. We will trim it to height later.
- Ribbon – Use enough to go around your waist, plus 20”.
- Scissors [recommended scissors]
- Measuring tape
- Sewing Kit or Sewing Machine
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Safety Pin
- (Optional) Grommet Punch- For much faster drawstring holes. Cheap and easy to find at your local craft store or Wal-Mart. These attach round metal grommets to fabric. Perfect for drawstring holes.
Once you have your supplies together, you can cut the fabric to your length.