Bags and Accessories
By Rain Blanken, About.com Guide
- Hair Accessories, Headbands and Barrettes
- Bags and Purses to Make
- Gloves, Wristbands and Arm Warmers
- Wrap and Scarf Creations
- Shoes and Sandals
- Applique Patches and Free Stencils
- Finished Creations from DIY Readers
Hair Accessories, Headbands and Barrettes
From headbands to hair sticks, you can make all sorts of hair accessories at home.
Make your belt do more than hold up your pants. These easy projects are sure to help.
Bags and Purses to Make
Carry something that makes a statement or simply holds all that stuff.
- Easy Bags, Purses and Wallets to Make
- Easy Zippered Change Purse
- Cassette Tape Wallet
- How-To Duct Tape Wallet
- Turn Jeans into a Purse
- Turn a Bra into a Purse
- Extra Large T-Shirt Grocery Tote
- Placemat Purse
- Make a Purse from T-Shirts
- Applique Bacon & Eggs Tote
- Decoupage a Compact Mirror
- Iron-On Patch Beatles Tote Bag
- Decoupage a Suitcase
- Video: Make a Handbag from Jeans and Scrap Fabric
- Video: Make a Laptop Case
- Video: Recycled Plastic Bags into a Reusable Grocery Bag
Cap your lid with a toasty winter hat or a breezy sun-blocker.
Gloves, Wristbands and Arm Warmers
Warm your chilly hands with these gloves, wristbands and arm warmers.
- Make a Pair of Gloves or Mittens
- Make a Pair of Arm Warmers
- Make a Pair of Fingerless Gloves
- Sock Wristband
- Video: Make Mittens from a Sweater
Wrap and Scarf Creations
Add a wrap or a scarf, be it for warmth or style. Here are some quick and stylish ways to wrap it up.
- Cut a Button-Down Wrap
- Knit a Necktie
- Fun Fur Knitted Scarf
- Knit Pocket Scarf
- Knit Box Stitch Scarf
- Gallery: Scarves by Cotton Candy Vomit
- Felted Harry Potter Scarf
- Easy Single Crochet Scarf
- Sew a Hooded Scarf
- Crochet a Striped Scarf
- Crochet a Tiny Triangles Scarf
- Crochet a Colorful Child's Scarf
Shoes and Sandals
You can use these simple methods to spice up your shoes and sandals.
Applique Patches and Free Stencils
These are some great examples and free printable templates to make your own patch, spray paint and screen print creations.
- How to Sew a Patch on Your Pants
- Fairy Applique Patterns
- Easy Applique Patterns for Beginners
- Fathers Day Stencils
- What is Applique?
- Bacon & Eggs Face Patches for Tote
- Simple Shapes for your Applique Patches
- DIY Applique Gallery
Finished Creations from DIY Readers
Talk about putting your fashion sense to work! Designing, making or just putting together their own styles, these girls have got the look.