By Rain Blanken
You can make a lot of jewelry using found objects.
A bangle or chain hanging from your wrist can tell what mood you're in on any given day. Try these easy DIY bracelets on for size.
- Spiral Friendship Bracelet
- Steal it! Make a $15.00 Button Bracelet
- Photo Frame Bracelet
- Decoupage a Chunky Bangle Bracelet
- Toothbrush Bracelet
- Potato Chip Bag Bracelet
- Make a Hemp Bracelet
- Safety Pin Bracelet
- Glitter Gather Beaded Bracelet
- Peyote Stitch 'Midnight at the Oasis'
- Elastic and Bead Bracelets
Necklace projects for beginners. Make your own DIY Fashion with these free necklace projects.
- Necklace Projects for Beginners
- How to Tie a Hemp Necklace
- Beaded Necklaces and Beaded Amulet Bags
- Wire Necklace Projects
- Raku Bead and Hemp Necklace Tutorial
Jewelry Boxes and Organizers
Your treasures need a good home. Make a habitat worthy of your sparkly collection. These DIY jewelry boxes and organizers will help you keep track of the goods.
- Decapitated Barbie Jewelry Hanger
- Decoupage a Jewelry Box
- Melt a Record Album Tray
- Doll Arm Jewelry Tree
How to Make Earrings. Learn how to make earrings using shells, beads, clasps and more for your DIY fashion.
You can make rings out of many materials, and they are so small that they often make for quick projects.
It's not just for hippies anymore. Learn to tie up everything from earrings to bracelets.
- Hemp Jewelry Gallery and Patterns
- Make a Hemp Necklace
- Make a Hemp Bracelet
- How to Macrame - Make a Larks Head Knot
- How to Macrame - Make a Square Knot
- What is Hemp?
- Twisted Macrame Earrings
- Knotty Macramé Shell Earrings
- Macrame Toggle Bracelet
- Book Review: Hemp Jewelry
Show Off Your Jewelry Creations
To share your DIY smarts, send me an email. I can put your photos together in a gallery and share with everyone here on the site.
- Crafty Blogs
- He-Man Necklace by Antoinette O'Neill
- John Travolta Necklace by Antoinette O'Neill
- Phone Jack Earrings
Jewelry Making Techniques
Even the best of tools are useless if you don't know what you're doing. Even if you have tried out a few of the following crafts in the past, it is always good to have a refresher on how to do them. Here you will find the basic knowledge needed to make your designs come to life. If you are practicing the correct technique, your project will be a success.