Apples are the classic lunch fruit. They are sweet, juicy, and mother approved. Perhaps it is these attributes which targets apples for lunchbox bullying. Anytime I try to carry an apple in my purse or lunch sack, it seems like everything else in the purse wants to attack it. A cute cozy on your apple can protect its delicate skin, and add a bit of style to your lunch presentation. Here are some free patterns for apple cozies.
Knit Apple Cozy Patterns
- This apple cozy pattern from The Vegan Lunchbox is a knit pattern that utilizes a crochet hook to finish the fastener.
- This silly apple cozy pattern was posted in the Ravelry message boards by Caselita and covers the entire apple.
- This knit apple cozy pattern from 'I Think I'm Gonna Purl' is another full-coverage style.
- Here are two cozy patterns from The Indigo Phial, one for your apple and bonus banana pattern
- A full-coverage apple cozy pattern adapted by Sunnyside Ellen to crochet from the above knit pattern from Ravelry.
- Grumpy around lunch time? Try this funny angry apple cozy by Kala Hotakainen.
- Oranges have a thick skin, but why should they be left out of the fun? The Crocheting Crab decided to make a cozy for them, too with this orange cozy pattern.
- Another $3.50 pattern, this is Theresa Grant's adorable apple cozy.
- Kristen TenDyke's free pattern for an apple cozy works like a little drawstring bag, so it can be used for lots of things outside of fruit transport.
- 'Eyespiral' on deviantArt has converted the above knit apple cozy pattern from Vegan Lunchbox into an easy crochet version.
Have you made an apple cozy yet? I'd love to see it and share with our readers. Upload a photo and tell us all about it!
Easy Bags, Hats, Scarves and More:
4 Ways to Tie a Tie . Make Glittery Heels . 5 Placemat Purses . Cassette Tape Wallet . Duct Tape Wallet . How-To Bags . Finger Knit a Scarf . Gloves and Wristbands . Easy Zippered Change Purse
All photos and text are copyright Rain Blanken, licensed to About.com. Materials may not be used without permission.