1. Miley's Twerk Bear Costume
- Get your hands on a grey leotard or swimsuit. If you want to substitute a grey cami and grey underpants in a pinch, that could work, too.
- Get some sheets of felt from the local craft store. These are cheap! You’ll need pink, white, red and black. While you’re there, grab some fabric glue, too.
- Plot our your bear face using the photos I’ve provided here of Miley in costume. Sketch your bear face Draw your shapes on the felt pieces and cut them out.
- Put on an old fitted t-shirt or cami under your grey leotard; one that you don’t mind ruining. Place wax paper over your skin and belly to prevent the glue from sticking to your body. Nobody wants dried glue on their nipples.
- Start gluing your felt pieces to the leotard, working in front of the mirror or with a friend. It’s important that you’re wearing the leotard while you glue because the material needs to stretch to fit your body.
2. Nude Miley Cyrus with Foam Finger
Grab a foam finger that supports any team you like. Miley's was a nondescript lady finger complete with nail polish, but yours doesn't have to match to translate to look. Wear a pair of white sneakers to complete the look.
3. Hair and Makeup
- Hair- Part your hair in the middle and twist two small buns up like horns on the top of your head. IF you’ve got long hair, just tie it back in a ponytail to get close enough to the look. With the rest of your outfit, you don’t really even need to be blonde to make the hair translate.
- Eyes - Miley’s eyes have a natural look here. Use a white eyeshadow on the upper lid up to the eyebrow, and a neutral shimmer on the lower lid. Line the upper lid along the lashes with a black pencil, then finish with a little shading of black at the outer corners of the lid. Pile on the black mascara.
- Lips - Red lipstick, as bright red as you can get your hands on. Take it with you to re-apply throughout the night.
4. Miley’s Tounge
5. Robin Thicke
- Easiest but more expensive: Buy a Beetlejuice costume at the local costume store. It’s a match.
- Easy with some work: If you can find a white or even light-colored suit at the thrift store, apply thin strips of black duct tape to the entire suit. This is easy, but time consuming.
- Difficult but cheap: Use any suit and simply paint it. Grab some white and black fabric paint from the craft store and apply stripes. For clean lines, use strips of masking tape to cover the black parts while you paint on the white stripes. Once dry, cover the edges of your white stripes with the masking tape while you apply the black paint.
6. Twerk Bears
7. Practice Your Twerk
How do you twerk? Doesn’t have to be the scintillating back-that-butt-up version that Miley performed on the VMA stage. Put your own spin on this one!
8. More DIY Fashion
How-To Pants . How-To Skirts . How-To Dresses . Recycle Your Clothes . 10 Clothing Repairs You Should Know . Beginner Sewing Projects . T-Shirt Surgery . Free Dress Patterns Easy DIY Jewelry:
Junk Drawer Jewelry . Decoupage Jewelry . Make Bracelets . Hemp Jewelry . Paper Jewelry Projects