Again, you really need to show off that waistline to fit the Joan template. A high-waisted skirt is a Joan look that can be a lot easier to achieve than a tailor-made dress. Skirts from the 60's that were close to the hips tended to be made of thicker fabrics. See if you can't find a sturdy skirt like this one at your local thrift shop.
Next Step:An easy way to top a skirt like this is with a tight sweater...
Joan Costume Points
- The Attitude: Think like a Joanie
- The 60's Dress: Sew Couture
- The Shape: Cinching the Middle
- On Top: Wraps and Blazers
- The Skirt: High-Waisted, Please
- The Sweater: Tight and Tidy
- The Shoes: Heels with Pointed Toes
- The Makeup: Hot Lips and Lashes
- The Hair: Gingers do it Better