Many fake blood recipes are made with items found in your kitchen. Some even incorporate cocoa and sugars for a bloody treat that tastes good, too. I spent the day on my front porch with a bunch of ingredients and mixing bowls, figuring out the best measurements for each of these gross, yet edible, recipes. See which one will work best for your costume:
- Spray-Bottle Blood - This water-based recipe is great for spraying clothes with blood.
- Dark, Thin Blood - This lightweight recipe is good for smearing on clothing or walls.
- Thick, Realistic Blood - A touch of cocoa gives this thick blood a dark tint.
- Gross Blood - With flakes of skin and scabs inside.
- Fake Flesh - Make chunks of flesh using items found in your kitchen.
- Dripping Blood - This reddish brown blood is the perfect consistency for dripping down the walls.
- Scabs - Make a clump of bumpy brownish scabs. Yum!
- Prop Guts - Use our fake flesh and gross blood recipes for disgusting decoration.