1. Style

Rain Blanken

108 Ways to Transform Your T-shirt

By July 14, 2008

Generation T by Megan Nicolay 'Ode to the Mullet', 'Snips Ahoy', 'Natural Sass', 'Strip Search'. These are a few of the project titles from Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform a T-Shirt by Megan Nicolay. Generation T is a compilation of t-shirt surgery projects. Some of these you have probably seen before, but with 108 projects, you're sure to find something new. Read my review to find out what my thoughts were while playing with this book, and find out how to get it cheap online.

Comments

July 14, 2008 at 8:43 am
(1) Dinah says:

I had a book like this that I got at the thrift store, but it didn’t have as many projects. Thanks for the review.

July 14, 2008 at 8:44 am
(2) Sarah says:

I have tried the tank top that is laced up the sides from your site. Is this project in this book or any variations of it?

July 14, 2008 at 8:44 am
(3) FashionKitty says:

I love this book, thanks for posting on it. I have to agree about the skinny models, though. It is so obvious that it’s distracting.

July 14, 2008 at 8:46 am
(4) Monica says:

I think that having thin models is just a part of marketing. You can’t complain about thin models, this is America where we all get fat and then expect to have thin models in all of our media. Who else would we have to worship?

July 14, 2008 at 8:49 am
(5) Emily says:

I have tried a few projects in this book. There is a bikini and a short skirt that I would not recommend. That does leave over a hundred good projects, though.

About the thin models, I personally find it insulting, and I’m not even overweight. I can understand having that in a high fashion magazine, but this is a book for regular girls who want to make things at home. It’s also for young girls, so I’m not sure they should be imposing a rail thin body image.

July 15, 2008 at 9:30 am
(6) Faith says:

I love your site and your blogs! This is such a great idea, since I always end up with T-shirts that I don’t want to wear anymore. Great post and thanks for reviewing the book for us!

July 8, 2009 at 11:09 am
(7) serenity says:

the reason the models are skinny like in magazines and in fashion shows is to showcase the clothes.. the models are essentially just hangers.. its easier to show of the clothes on thinner models then a normal sized model